I have got a new job, so this Wednesday night could possibly be my last ever overnight on call.
It's a job as Sexual Health PHO - so I will be working 8am to 4:30 pm Monday to friday. There is an on call mobile, but as my new boss said "there aren't many wart emergencies" I know that lots of you will be going eeeeeeeewwww but I am actually really excited. It's an area I have always had an interest in and this job is a really excellent opportunity. My boss wrote the book on Sexual Health Medicine, so I am going to learn from an expert.
The clinic is such a friendly place. I'm going to have my own desk, a place to put my bag, my own computer. The best part is that I will be working there for 14 months! What a marvellous thing. No more moving around.
The other big news is that our cute little yellow car has been smashed. Unfortunately we don't have any photos. Ande was driving home from work and was hit from behind quite hard and hit his head and still has a bit of a sore neck, but he is otherwise ok. The car is sort of squashed like a concertina, but the insurance company wont write it off, so we will be waiting 6-7 weeks for it to be stretched out again and repainted. sigh.
The weather is warming up again. One of these days I'll get my diving ticket and go out to the reef.
Next I will trawl through my photos and post a few of interest. If I can manage it technically I will put titles/comments with them.

This is a quilt I made for Susi and Michael's Baby (Susi works with Ande). Susi is being induced tomorrow. The theme is tropical reef. duh. Below is the reverse of the quilt. She won't need it to keep warm, but she could use it as a playmat.


This is me adding the final touches. Yes that's a MuMu.

These are pipi, the tropical version of cockles. Yum. We dug them up at Clifton beach and fried them up for hors d'oeuvres.
Ande's Hockey presentation night. Theme: NauticalAnde and I in Number 1 rig.
My red flowered plant finally has some red flowers!
Ahh so pretty!
So romantic
A little less romantic, but cheerful all the same.A few weeks ago Ande and I went for a drive to Davies Creek. I love this place because it kind of reminds me of Adelaide. Its a bit dry and scrubby (except for the beautiful crystal clear creek bubbling through it). Don't worry. It only has fresh water crocs.

Arty water/shadow shot
See the cute little yellow car, sniff.Ande's work sponsered a backyard blitz for Innisfail High School.
I don't know this chick's name, but she's on TV.The Hockey season finished a few weeks ago. Ande's team got knocked out of the semis in extra time. Mick, Ande's team mate also got his little finger chopped off in extra time.
Extra time SUCKS!
You can click on this one to read the fine print.

ok, here it is, my first ever grateful patient note.


This is a dress I made using a 50s reproduction pattern. The skirt is full circle.
Jabirus nesting
funny black cockatoo
Native bee sampling my nasturtiumsOk, that's enough for one night.
There's plenty more to come!!!
Actually there's one last photo.
Today a parcel arrived in the post from Penang.
Last time Auntie sent me some very small skirts, and ande told her they were a little bit too tight, so this time she has made sure it's not going to be too tight!
I was a bit offended that she thought I was so big, but it's actually a house coat and it's supposed to be loose and comfortable.
I love it. It has pockets!


2 comments:
I warned Chloe not to post a picture of that black cockatoo in fear of the internet being plunged into chaos & cockatoo-esque lunacy. Don't blame me if you can't transfer any money or pay bills tomorrow. &
I love your blog! I love the photos! I can't wait to come and visit and see where you live! You are such a whizz with the sewing machine now!
Miss you.
See you at Christmas!
Happy Birthday-eve!
X
Post a Comment